Friday, February 19, 2010

The Dentist

Joshua had his first visit to the dentist on Tuesday and was great throughout the entire experience. I have some lame excuses for not taking him to the dentist yet, like we've moved around so much, or I couldn't find a good recommendation for a dentist in my network. Well, I finally found someone that I feel comfortable taking the boys to. And I'm so glad that I waited. Joshua enjoyed his visit, all went well, and he went home to tell Micah all about it! Needless to say, Micah will be visiting the dentist much sooner than his brother. It helps that as a prize Joshua picked out a really cool light-up bouncy ball (and that Micah REALLY wants to get the same thing). :) I do not have a picture of his visit. What's funny, though, is that on the way there Joshua asked if he could get his picture taken with the dentist. I hated to disappointment him because I did not have my camera with me. I can only hope that Micah's visit goes so well!

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

so glad he did well!!!

I am like you and keep making excuses not to take Sweet Pea...i just need to do it! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming his teeth are in good shape, so you shouldn't beat yourself up over this. Life just happens and you do what you can whenever you can.
I'm pretty sure the real problems are with kids who get put to bed with bottles and, quite often, thumb- suckers.
You guys are careful with their diets and practice good dental hygiene with the boys and that helps tremendously.
I love you,
Alison