Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Tuesday Review - Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown

The disciplined pursuit of less...I am all about that.  I've spent the last few months in a state of longing to live with less, and to pursue less but in a better way.  This applies not only to material things, but more importantly to my personal life, to what I pursue to do and to learn.  I think that there is a longing inside all of us to do something well, to make a difference, to be fully us.  I am the only me.  You are the only you.  And we were created to do what only we can do.


http://www.amazon.com/Essentialism-The-Disciplined-Pursuit-Less/dp/0804137382

Essentialism, by Greg McKeown, is a simple yet profound book. He encourages his readers to dial into what means the most to you in life, and then to do those things well and with passion.  And in doing that, we will find more meaning and have greater influence in the lives of those around us.

There is so much more to this book than what I have chosen to highlight.  This just happens to be what is on my heart at the moment.  Honestly, I read this book months ago, and have not put into practice all that I learned from it at the time.  With the new year, the examining of where I am at, and the thought of goals for the coming year, this book has come back to mind. I look forward to reading it again and being challenged anew to choose the most important things in my life... and to pursue less but better!!  I challenge you to read it as well.  And let me know not just what you think about the book, but how it changes your life for the better!

"If you don't prioritize your life, someone else will!" - Greg McKeown

No comments: