Thursday, February 12, 2009

What I did all weekend...

This is the finished product, after working on it all weekend. The bookcase was a gift to the boys from their Grammy and Papa. It came to us unfinished, so I decided to stain it. Now, it has been several years since I have stained/finished a piece of furniture. It isn't perfect, but all in all, I think it turned out well. I'm even pleased with the color! It's still in the garage because it needed to air out a bit. I tried to bring it in once, but it was still too smelly. Maybe tomorrow we'll bring it in and load it up with books. :)

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

that is awesome!!! I have always wanted to stain something. My mom did it all the time while I was growing up and we still have most of the pieces! and I love the Superman costume. very stylish. :)

Darling Daughters said...

looks good!!