Friday, July 20, 2012

At Manito Park

The boys and I spent one afternoon at this beautiful park in Spokane.  It was enormous, with playgrounds, ponds, formal gardens, spray parks, baseball fields, hiking trails,a cafe, and much more!

You can barely see him, but Big J is at the top of this rocky hill!

Here are the boys at the rose gardens, which were packed with people, though you wouldn't know it by the picture.  It isn't a great picture, but was the only one I could manage to get without lots of other people in the background. :)

We were walking along, reading the names of the types of roses as we passed them.  I was looking at roses on one side of the path, and Big J on the other.  Then he said the name of this one out loud...Graham Thomas...I stopped dead in my tracks.  This is the type of rose that my dad planted for me years ago at the house I grew up in.  Graham Thomas Yellow Tea Rose.  It smelled fantastic and brought back so many good memories!

Here are the boys at the top to the formal gardens.  They had a blast here, which surprised me.  I let them take pictures with my camera of whatever they liked in the gardens.

Here is a picture that M-Man took of Big J and me. :)
I sure enjoyed the afternoon with my boys, playing and exploring to our hearts content!

No comments: