Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Promise #2 - Strength to the Weary

This promise couldn't have come at a better time.  Do any of you out there feel weary or weak?  Then rest in the words of Isaiah.  


God gives us the strength that we need to make it through each moment of each and every day.  He gives power to the weak...to US when we feel weak and overcome.  I know it's not popular to think of ourselves as weak.  I like to be independent and to do everything in my own strength.  But I'm beginning to believe that it is better to be weak, and to live through HIS power and HIS strength than through my own.  :)

I don't know about you, but last week was a long week.  Good, but long.  Between my husband being out of town on business, the boys having a snow day, having to be at work nearly every day, and having an event finally come to fruition after months of planning...whew, I was weary.  I can't say that I sought out God's strength at all times.  In fact, I know I did not. But, in the times that I trusted Him for his promise, the days were not perfect, but they were Better. With Jesus, everything is Better! 


No comments: