Thursday, February 18, 2016

Philippians 4:8



     This verse has been on my heart so much this week.  I don't know about you, but I often struggle to keep my thoughts focused on these kinds of thoughts...good thoughts...encouraging thoughts.  I struggle with worry, frustration, impatience, anger. I've also noticed that my boys struggle with the same things as well.  One of the joys, and difficulties if I'm being honest, of homeschooling, is that you get to spend a WHOLE lot more time with your kids.  Sometimes this is awesome.  Sometimes this is NOT.  Walking through character building opportunities, seemingly ALL THE TIME, can wear on a person.  And, when you realize that some of those habits that your kids have MIGHT have come from you in some form or fashion, it makes it all the more fun disheartening.

     This is where the Word of God comes in.  Starting this spring, we renewed our commitment to reading the Bible together.  It only takes a few minutes.  We try to talk about what we have read.  And we ask the Holy Spirit to help us understand what we read and apply it to our lives.  Beginning our day with God always helps the day to go better! 

     And in an effort to 'write' more of God's word on our hearts, we have also started memorizing one scripture a week.  Simple, I know. Why we haven't been doing it lately? I guess we just weren't being intentional. Philippians 4:8 is this weeks scripture.  What a beautiful, challenging, centering scripture! I hope it is a blessing to you today! 

~Kendra

No comments: