Monday, November 2, 2015

Freedom and the 4 M's

If you have followed me for any length of time, then you know that I am big into Essentialism.  I want to live with joy and purpose, and if the things that I own, or the ways that I choose to use my time or gifts, don't bring joy and purpose, then I need to move on from those things.  I've highlighted this book before, but for a bigger picture into this, check out Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown!  It is an excellent book, and touches not only on your personal life and the stuff that you own, but also on your professional life!  I recap all that to say that lately, when it comes to how I have been managing my home and the stuff that I own, I have not been living out my beliefs.  I'm busted! I haven't been putting into practice many of the things that I know to do. So, to keep myself accountable, I'm just going to lay it all out and walk this journey right here.

The reason for this journey is FREEDOM and it's based on what I'm calling my 4 M's. I want to MANAGE the MINOR things in my life so that I can MASTER the MAJOR, or important things in my life.  So often, I let the minor things, the house cleaning, the chores, the grocery shopping, the piles of stuff, etc, master my life. Instead, I want to learn to manage those minor things to a point that I can move on and master the major things in my life. The more that I can do this, the more that I can pursue freedom in my life to be who I was created to be.  It's all about FREEDOM. This isn't anything  new or ground breaking.  And I understand that the "majors" in all of our lives look different. For that matter, freedom will look different for all of us. But I believe that there is power in sharing our story and I hope that you will be encouraged by mine!

Along the way, I'll also share some favorite resources, books, and websites that have been a help and encouragement to me!  I hope you'll follow along!

No comments: