Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Snakes and More Snakes

WARNING TO MIMI...you may not want to read this post (it's all about snakes). :)




Joshua is way too much like his daddy. He is completely comfortable handling critters, including snakes. Here are two specimens that he has recently found, the garter snake yesterday and the burrowing snake last Friday. In fact, as I am writing this, he and Micah are going on a "snake hunt". I'm overjoyed (insert sarcasm here). ;) But, if it means preserving their boyhood, I'm all for it! And, don't worry, we are constantly teaching them the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous snakes, and the fact that even non-poisonous snakes can and will bite. I pray that when the time comes that Joshua actually encounters a poisonous one, that he will heed the teaching that he has had.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

maybe I am glad we don't have a backyard...

*wink