Friday, October 9, 2015

October Favorite Things: Learning a New Language and Duolingo

My family and I have started learning Spanish together as a family.  Though there are many great resources and games out there to help learn languages, Duolingo is my current favorite.  We all have our own accounts through Duolingo and move along at our own pace.  The boys usually practice 4 times a week. My  husband and I practice almost every every day. It's amazing how even 15 minutes a day can make a language start to come alive!  

There are other things that the boys and I do together to practice learning Spanish.  I check out dual language story books from the library that help us to become familiar with a broad range of words.  I also have them learn basic vocabulary such as the days of the week, months of the year, numbers, etc. As we progress, I hope to include some immersion type conversation to start practicing our new skills!  

If you are looking to learn a new language, or want to brush up on one that you already know, check out Duolingo!

No comments: