Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Boy Heaven


Joshua caught a little snake this morning in our backyard. Here he is (in the 2nd pic) showing it off in his mobile snake habitat. This particular snake likes to burrow, so Joshua filled a bag with nice dirt and leaves and put the snake in it. Last I checked, he was still carrying it around. :)
Micah is busy hunting for snail shells and collecting them in the "home" he made for them. Yesterday, he actually found a live snail and observed it crawling and sliding around for most of the afternoon. This morning Micah informed me that he was on the hunt for snails and slugs and the he was going to have the most snail shells of anyone in the whole world!
P.S. In case you were wondering, the stack of concrete blocks beside Micah is actually a "Gecko Trap", built by Joshua before we had all of the snow. Good times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Sunday night! :)
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Those little boys have THE BEST mommy. It takes a special woman to keep that squeamish-ness at bay and let her boys be boys. (and it definitely helps when there's a Dad around)
Love you!

Kendra said...

It helps having their Daddy around. But, it really doesn't bother me. I have my own issues, like with spiders...but very small snakes I can deal with. :)

Martha said...

Seriously, you are an awesome mommy! I just don't know that I could do the creepy, crawly, slithery things the way you do. :-)