Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Snake


Here is what we saw on our adventure last week. We were tromping around in a creek, just off of a major trail. We had some friends with us and my friend was the one that spotted the snake. We were all a bit surprised! I was fairly certain that it was a copperhead snake, but decided to take a picture and check when we got home. We gathered the boys a few feet away so that we could show them what it looked like in it's natural surroundings, and then we got out of there! :) I looked up the snake when we got home and confirmed that it was broadband copperhead snake. Yikes! That was enough fun for me for one day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Goodness.Snakes alive!
What did those boys think? I would have been mortified!
Grammy

Learning 4 Life said...

I don't think I would have had the guts to even stay long enough to take the picture!!! You're a better mommy than me! That's why I'm nervous about having a boy this time around :-)