Friday, April 13, 2012

Big J Turned 7!!

I'm can't believe that Big J's birthday was over a month ago and I am just now posting about it.  We were in between homes and at my brother's house on his actual birthday and my sister-in-law went all out for the birthday boy.  She planned a super fun party for him, complete with a Jedi Cookie Cake, a special dinner, and party treats!  She is the best!  We had a small celebration with a hand full of friends the weekend before we moved.  But it was extra special to be at their house and be able to celebrate with the cousins! 

It's hard to believe that I have a 7 year old son.  For some reason, it feels like a major milestone.  He seems more grown-up (most of the time) and so much closer to double-digit years!  He is such a joy to be around.  He remembers basically everything he reads.  He's much like his daddy in that respect.  He is a voracious reader and loves to read aloud to his brother.  The outdoors are his second home and I'm certain that he would sleep outside if we let him. :)  He can't wait to get done with his school work so that he can go play outside.  He loves to build...with lego's, wood, etc...and builds elaborate ships, homes, and whatever else he sets his mind to do.  I still catch him giggling sometimes and love that!  It's infectious and sometimes a bit frustrating, like when it's time to go to bed and the boys can't settle down because he is giggling about something!  I'm going to do my best not to blink...because I'm certain he'll be all grown up, and taller than me, before I know it!  Love you, Big J!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't he cute!
Many thanks to your brother and sister-in-law for being such a blessing to our family in so many ways.
Grammy