Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Tuesday Review: A Child's Book of Character Building


     The book I am reviewing today is very special to me.  There are actually two books in the series A Child's Book of Character Building: Growing Up in God's World - At Home, At School, At Play, Book 1 and Book 2, by Ron and Rebekah Coriell.  This series had been recommended to me by a good friend several years ago when we were just starting our homeschool journey.  When the boys were younger (age 3-7), we went through this series at least twice.  And I feel that I need to add...you DO NOT have to homeschool your children in order to use and enjoy this series!  It only takes 5 minutes a day to read through the scripture and short stories. 
      For each character trait highlighted, the authors share a very simple and easy to understand definition of that trait, a story from the bible that relates to that specific character trait, and then short stories from home, school, and play that help the child to recognize and put into practice each trait.  We would take a week to look at each character trait, reading a different story each day. 
      I have fond memories of reading these stories to the boys and then talking about them throughout the week.  If you are looking for a character building series for your younger children, I highly recommend that you check out THIS BOOK
    What character building books and/or series have you used and enjoyed?  I would love to hear your suggestions!  And, if you know of a good series for older boys (9-12), please share!  I'm always on the hunt for good books!

No comments: