Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Week In Pictures - March 20th

     This week was spring break for us.  I was SO ready for it and had big plans for all of the things that I was going to accomplish.  And almost none of my 'list' got done. Looking back, I now realize that I had completely unrealistic expectations of how the week was going to go.  Ha. Funny how things work that way sometimes.  All in all, it was a good week, though. We stuck close to home and enjoyed time with friends and explored new places. 
     Spring has definitely sprung here in Oklahoma.  We enjoyed beautiful weather the first part of the week.  The cold has come back for a few days, though--seems like it happens this way EVERY year--and scarf weather is not quite past us!


     This isn't the greatest picture, but if you look closely, you can see the double rainbow!  I don't know about you, but seeing a rainbow NEVER gets old!  God is good, and I remember that every time that I see one. :)

     Here was my attempt at not having to be the "electronic police" all week...it didn't work out quite like I had anticipated, but we did manage to end the week on a good note, and it was definitely a learning process.

     It can't be Spring Break without a few trips to go catch some fish  enjoy the beautiful weather.  No fish were caught, unfortunately.  If you know of any good fishing holes near us, please let me know. 

     One night, the boys and I were able to get together with our Kibo Group family.  This is the view from the host family's back porch.  It was AMAZING.  Perfect weather. Great company. Such an encouraging, peaceful evening.

     You may remember that I bought tulips last week! They lasted for a whole week...which is good for tulips.  I love watching them open up completely! 

     My older son LOVES to fish, just like his daddy!  He has been really into trying to learn to fly fish and has been tying his own flies.  So, one day this past week we had to check out the Lower Illinois River, about an hour from our house, where they stock trout.  It was a beautiful place. This was one of the calmer spots. No fish were caught, but it I always enjoy exploring somewhere new.  I think that fly fishing lessons may be in our future sometime soon!

     A picture is worth a thousand words, and that saying could never more true that with this picture! The IF Gathering has been a huge part of my life over the past 3 years! I'm going to write a post just for this, but wanted to mention briefly that we start a new IF Equip study tomorrow in conjunction with the launch of the NEW IF Gathering APP!!!  This app is going to change the dynamic of the IF community in an amazing way and YOU are invited to join us! Click here for more information!

     This weekend was the NCAA Wrestling Championships in NYC! The guys and I cheered on our OK State Boys from here, all while wishing we could have been there in person! Congratulations to our National Champions and All Americans! They've worked so hard to get where they are now! There have been several things that have come into my life that have been a surprise blessing.  I know I've talked about how Rodan + Fields has been one of those things.  Well, watching wrestling, cheering for my boy, and learning more about the sport has been another one of the completely unexpected things that I absolutely LOVE! You just never know what life is going to bring!

     This boy! He's now Eleven...going on 16! Love him SOOOOO much! After a tough soccer game, we enjoyed a much needed Starbucks date! And OH. MY. GOODNESS! Can he eat!!  He's going to have to get a job, just to pay for all of the food that he consumes! I'm not complaining though. I'll take a healthy, growing boy ANY day!
     I hope you enjoy these glimpses into our week.  It's not all peaches and cream.  My hubby was sick. I was grumpy and just plain not fun to be around a couple of days. I haven't cleaned my house all week. And there are still several piles of 'stuff' that need tending to.  But there has been so much blessing!  I cannot wait to dive into this next IF Equip study with all of you!  And I can't wait to share with you the book I have for this weeks' Tuesday Review! 
Blessings~Kendra

No comments: