Wednesday, April 13, 2016

For Freedom



     If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, then you might have seen my post yesterday about how these past couple of days of the IF:Equip I Believe study over on the IF:Gathering App and at www.ifequip.com are pivotal to my faith.  All that I believe when it comes to my faith rests on whether or not I believe that Jesus, who became God in the Flesh, came to earth, lived a sinless life among us, was crucified for my sins, died, was raised to life again on the third day, lives today, and is coming back one day! If I don't believe this core truth, then my faith is dead.  Pointless. Paul says it best in 1 Corinthians 15:17, "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins." But thankfully, THANKFULLY!!!, Christ has indeed been raised from the dead.  I am eternally grateful! Literally!!


But what does this mean for me??? What implications does this truth have for my life??? 

One word comes to mind...FREEDOM!

Galatians 5:1 says, "It is for FREEDOM that Christ has set us free."  

     Freedom from the punishment of my sin that I definitely deserve.  Freedom from the judgement of others.  Freedom to live and walk in the joy of new life.  Freedom from the doubt and discouragement that rage in and out of my heart and threaten to keep me from being effective for the Kingdom. FREEDOM.  That is what the resurrection of Jesus Christ means to me!

     I've been camped out in the Psalms for several months now during my morning reading.  And I just love how it seems that no matter what it going on in my life, the Psalm that I read for that day seems to speak into that moment.  There is such power and timeless truth in the scriptures.  I just love the Word of God!  This morning brought me to one of my favorites, Psalm 100.  That is what I leave you with today!

Psalm 100

Shout for JOY, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness; 
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his; 
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through ALL generations. 

*This post is inspired by the I Believe study by the IF;Gathering.


No comments: