Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What the IF:Gathering Means to Me

It's funny.  Actually it's ridiculous.  I have sat down to write this post more times than I can count.  But the words haven't come.  And it has been very frustrating.  Because the IF:Gathering means so much to me.  It was almost a year ago, at the first IF:Gathering, that I really started to dream again about where my life was headed, to remember what Jesus really means to me, to think that the impossible really can happen.

I was newer to the area and had been following the beginnings of the IF:Gathering through Jennie Allen and Jen Hatmaker.  What they were pursuing was a refreshing, pure, simple desire to seek God and to ask tough questions.  What would it look like to live life IF I truly believed God for his promises, for who He is. I wanted to host an IF:Local in my home, or at the church I was attending, but I was scared.  I had fear.  That no one would see what I saw.  That no one would join with me. So I didn't do what I felt called to do.  To put myself out there, trust God, and see what happened.

Fortunately, my story doesn't end there.  I did seek out another church in the area hosting an IF:Local. And I was immensely blessed by my time there.  I did not know a soul and they welcomed me in like I had already been a part of their group for a long time.  I had rich conversation with women of all ages and left the weekend as encouraged by the women I had spent time with as with the Gathering itself.  What a blessing it was!

This year I am very excited to help host an IF:Local!  I am excited to finally be doing what I should have done a year ago. I'm so thankful for the opportunity and I can't wait to see how God is going to show up and move in the lives and hearts of women in our area.

In just over two weeks, on February 6-7, 2015, women from across the nation and around the globe will come together to worship, learn, be encouraged, and equipped to live more fully for God where they are.  I want to encourage every woman I know to come!  Find an IF:Local near you!  Join us here in South Tulsa.  Or host your own!  It's not too late!! There is a powerful movement for Jesus billowing under this.  It is Spirit filled and prayer covered.  It is not perfect, but there is love.  Much love.  And Grace.  And Freedom.

Click here for more information about the IF:Gathering.

To find an IF:Local near you or to host an IF:Local, click here.

And to join us for IF:South Tulsa, please click here!





No comments: