Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Reflecting on November


I'm sitting in front of a half decorated Christmas tree, on the first day of December, wondering where November went.  Seriously, the month flew by.  It was full of many things that I expected, days full of school work and soccer practice and wrestling matches.  But it was also filled with many things that I did not expect, like new friendships, launching a new business, family worship at church, special moments with family, and beautiful days.

I am thankful for all of it...for my family, my amazing husband, a cozy home,  new and renewed connections,  laid back days with my boys, chickens who are finally laying eggs...the list could go on and on with "big" things and also with seemingly unimportant moments.  Because they ALL matter!

As we are starting the Advent season and preparing to celebrate the coming of Jesus, I hope that each of us will take a deep breath, slow down, and choose to carry with us into this new month a Spirit of Thankfulness! Let's be content with what we have, look for ways to give to or help someone else, and focus on what is truly important in life!

No comments: