Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Let's Talk Goals!


Let's talk goals for a few minutes!  What are your goals for the coming year?  What do you hope to achieve?  Are there some changes you would like to make?  Areas of your life you would like to improve?  Do you struggle with making those goals happen?  I do.  In fact, I could be the perfect example of what happens you set goals but don't actually take the time to write them down and schedule them into your life.  

You see, I set a goal back in September of 2015 to blog every day in October of 2015 to get back into the habit of blogging and writing.  And I did.  I wrote it down.  I scheduled it in.  I made it happen.  Even when things got crazy insane with the start of my Rodan + Fields business! But at the end of the month, I was honestly tired.  And rightly so. I took a break.  And didn't really set any new goals or reasonable expectations of myself moving forward.  So what happened?? My newly established habit went away.  And if you look at my consistency over the past 2 months...well, there hasn't been any.  Now, I may have GREAT ideas.  And goals.  But with NO PLAN, things aren't going to work out too well!

So, where do we go from this point? It's NEVER too late to set goals. To make a plan.  To start working towards your dreams and the things you want to achieve in life.  It doesn't need to be January 1.  Or the beginning of the school year.  Just start where you are at.  Right now.  To help you get started, here is a GREAT article by Michael Hyatt, called The Beginners Guide to Goal Setting! I encourage you to check it out!  Here's to your our BEST YEAR YET! 

No comments: