Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My Version 1.0

*Note ~ This was originally posted on my other website on August 2nd, 2016.  It makes me laugh! Because here it is over a year later, and I have yet to do what I set out to do.  But I'm going to give myself one more chance.  One more year!  We can all use a second beginning, or third, right?? 
A few months ago, I was able to spend two days at a Business Boutique event (which I highly recommend, by the way), learning about all things “business”.  One idea that we talked about was putting out our Version 1.0 of whatever we were working on.  That instead of waiting for perfection, or overthinking things to the point of being paralyzed,  we needed to realize that time and experience would naturally bring about a better result or product. But that we just had to START.
I had several reasons for being there, but the one reason most near and dear to my heart was this very website.  You see, I have blogged off and on for almost nine years.  NINE years.  And while I enjoyed my original platform on Blogger, it was time for something new.  I was ready to take this “blogging thing that I do” to another level.
That said, I purchased a domain over nine months ago.  Yes, NINE months ago. My initial attempts to move over content to this website were not successful and instead of trying again, or getting more help, I got discouraged and put it on the back burner.  For WAY TOO LONG.  But not anymore!!
This website is FAR from where I want it to be.  It’s not even close to what I envisioned it to be for my “Launch Day” when I chose to go live.  But that’s OK.  It’s my Version 1.0.  My first draft.  It’s going to grow and change into something better.  Something different.  Just like my reasons for blogging have changed over the years, from sharing pictures and milestones to bringing encouragement and resources, I anticipate that this website will transform into something entirely different, yet true to my heart and vision.
I would love for you to join me on this journey.  Follow along.  Be encouraged.  And who knows?! You may be inspired to put YOUR Version 1.0 out there for the world to be blessed by.  It may be writing a book or opening your own business.  Or maybe it is starting down a different career path.  Whatever it is, whatever you’ve been dreaming about, I urge you to take a step towards that dream TODAY! Don’t wait. Because we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow. And the world NEEDS what you have to offer!
Blessings~ Kendra

No comments: