Monday, October 12, 2015

October Favorite Things: Favorite Meals - Greek Chicken and Quinoa

We have several meals that we really enjoy as a family!  Tonight we had one of those meals...Greek Stuffed Chicken with Greek Quinoa and fresh hummus (made right before dinner!)! YUM!  The only thing missing was some fresh pita, naan, or laffa!  Just as a side note, the picture below was taken in the spring when we had roasted romanesco along with dinner.  I was going to take a new, better picture tonight, but by the time I remembered, everything had been devoured. Oops.

The chicken recipe is from Men's Health a few years ago.  I was still able to find the link for it, though.  Check it out here: Greek-style stuffed chicken!


Here is the fantastic hummus recipe that I used: Smooth Hummus Recipe by Inspired Taste
Seriously, with their help, I have conquered hummus.  Until I discovered this recipe, I just couldn't make it turn out right.  Now I'm dreaming of Roasted Pine Nut Hummus and other varieties! 

As for the Greek Quinoa recipe, it comes from the amazing folks over at Two Peas and Their Pod.  This Greek Quinoa Salad is one of my all time favorites!!!  

If you want to learn more about romanesco, click here! And just for the fun of it, here is a laffa recipe I might need to try: Laffa Bread! Happy eating!




No comments: