Saturday, October 17, 2015

October Favorite Things: Favorite Story Books

I love literature in general, specifically books that tell a fascinating story!  One of my favorite parts about homeschooling is that I am able to take the time to read engaging stories with my boys. Yes, I still read out loud to them. :) I think it is extremely important to continue reading out loud to them for as long as I am able to!  (Of course, I don't read everything to them!)

I want to highlight three of my most favorite story books that I have read to the boys in the last couple of months!


Noah Webster and His Words
If you've ever wanted to know the story behind how Webster's dictionary came to be, this is the book to read.  It is a fascinating story about diligence, focus, and determination!



The Story of Salt
This story about the history of salt is quite remarkable.  I never realized that up until recent times, the quest for and acquiring of salt was a major, world wide affair.  Many wars over the centuries have been fought for the control of salt deposits.  Interesting stuff! Go read this book!


Miss Lady Bird's Wildflowers
I've always wanted to go visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, TX!  So, when I saw this book at our local library, I had to check it out!  I am so appreciative to Lady Bird Johnson for loving flowers and wanting to preserve and restore wildflowers across our country!  This was a beautiful, informative book and I highly recommend it.  And next time I'm in Austin, I'm going to go visit the Wildflower Center!

No comments: